Tuesday, March 18, 2008

there I am 2003-08-14 12:24 p.m.

I am very contented with the day I had yesterday. I read a complete book,while the girls were at the wading pool for hours and then we had DQ.

As we were walking to the wading pool I looked down at the shadow I cast on the ground. It was so cool, because what I saw in silhouette was exactly the shape I always think I am. (You know how sometimes when you look at your body in a full length mirror it looks really off from how you picture yourself? But then you catch your full reflection in the glass of a store window and it looks flawless..) I looked down and I saw my shadow and it gave me a profound sense of reassurance, a deep feeling of "There I Am". Like all the insecurities and anxieties of the recent past were illusions, for I had found myself once more and I was exactly the person I always thought I was after all.

No comments: